Saturday, April 17, 2010

Post-Bacc or Research Work to get to Med School???

I graduated with a BS in neuroscience but only a 3.0 GPA and 25MCAT... I've been working in clinical research for the past year and have several publications/presentations completed... I am applying to a few MD and a lot of DO schools for 2009... and if those don't work out I'll probably apply to the Caribbean also...





I also applied for a post-bacc program at Drexel for this year-- one year certificate granting program which could be a GPA booster... and i could stay a second year and complete an MS in bio there as well... and after the second year is completed I'd get an guaranteed interview into Drexel's Med school... (but not necessarily a guaranteed spot in the med school)





I recently found out I was accepted into the Interdisciplinary Health Sci program at drexel...





so my question is: Should i continue to work in research and get more publications/presentations done and more clinical experience OR should do the post-bacc and try to boost my GPA and MAYBE get a masters?


No comments:

Post a Comment