Monday, May 4, 2009

What can I expect for a starting salary as Clinical Research Associate?

About to graduate with a doctorate in clinical microbiology and I'm gunning for a CRA slot. Exp. includes a fully-run clinical study during my PhD and 4 years as research assistant in a clinical lab (CRF entry, sample collection, etc). I'd consider various cities (I'm sure it varies) but would move nationwide to fit an opening. So any suggestions would be great! PS: I've already scanned PayScale and Salary.com so save those answers.

What can I expect for a starting salary as Clinical Research Associate?
Generally speaking, $49,000 according to this site:


http://www.healthcarejobstore.com/hb_cfm...
Reply:I would imagine it depends on the area of the country you are in but a CRA with a PhD I would imagine you would want to negotiate for a Senior CRA position, in the Midwest they are in the low to mid 100's.





I'm sure I won't win with this answer but you really need to ask yourself if you will be satisfied with a CRA position. You may find it not as challenging as you like. Consider searching out "medical science liason" in job boards instead of CRAs. They travel but have more administrative and corporate responsibilities with less CRF monitoring.


No comments:

Post a Comment