Monday, May 4, 2009

How do I get into a Clinical Research positon??

I have 4 years of experience in retail pharmacy (certified pharmacy technician) and a Bachelor of science in biochemistry/ chem minor..........how do I get into clinical research with a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company??

How do I get into a Clinical Research positon??
I assume you are referring to positions in managing and monitoring clinical trials, data management, etc. Medzilla.com has great information for those interested in the clinical research field. I highly recommend visiting the forums; I have learned a lot by just browsing through the posts.
Reply:I'm not sure that there are too may research positions for those with a bachelor's degree. I used to hear that one must at least have a master's degree (if not a ph.d/doctorate) perhaps in bio, biochem as you have, psychobiology or neuroscience to work in clinical/medical research. Perhaps you can call your local medical research hospitals and ask the minimum requirements for such a position.





Here is a website for general career information: US Occupational Outlook Handbook www.bls.gov/oco and can type into search 'medical researcher' or 'biologist' or such. Good luck to you!

my cat

No comments:

Post a Comment